About “Jiangtao (Jason) Xu”
Dr Jason Xu is an Associate Professor at School of Chemical Engineering, UNSW Sydney. He is currently leading a research group in the Centre for Advanced Macromolecular Design (CAMD) and Australian Centre for NanoMedicine (ACN), with the focus on green and precision polymer synthesis and hydrogel based artificial skin for wearable electronics. Dr. Xu received his BS and PhD Degrees in Polymer Science from Fudan University. He was awarded ARC Future Fellowship and took a Lecturer position in 2017. He was promoted to Senior Lecturer in 2019 and Associate Professor in 2022. He has more than 120 peer-reviewed publications in high-impact journals (Nature, Photonics, JACS, Angew Chemie, Energy Environ Sci, Adv Sci, Che, Sci, Macromolecules, etc), attracting over 10k citations and an H-index of 56 (Dec 2022, Google Scholar). He has successfully secured >2M research funds including ARC Future Fellowship and two ARC DP projects. He has been nominated as Emerging Investigator by Polymer Chemistry (2018) and Chemical Communications (2018), Pioneering Investigator by Polymer Chemistry (2021), Rising Star in Polymer Science by Progress in Polymer Science (2022). His areas of research interests are green chemistry and sustainable polymer synthesis, precision polymer synthesis mimicking natural perfection, photoredox catalysis , advanced polymer materials for wearable sensors and soft electronics.
See more in Group website: https://www.jiangtaoxu.com/
PUBLICATION RECORD SUMMARY
- More than 120 peer-reviewed journal articles and reviews in high-impact journals;
- More than 10k citation and H-index of 56 (https://scholar.google.com.au/citations?user=uQeAcMoAAAAJ&hl=en);
- 13 ISI Highly Cited Papers in the last 10 years rated by ISI web of Science Essential Science Indicators
GRANTS, HONORS AND AWARDS
- 2022 – Selected as “Rising Star in Polymer Science” by Progress in Polymer Science;
- 2020 – Australian Research Council (ARC) Discovery Project (DP210101904);
- 2020 – Selected as “Pioneering Investigator” by Polymer Chemistry;
- 2019 – Australian Research Council (ARC) Discovery Project (DP190100067);
- 2018 – Selected as “Emerging Investigator” by Chemical Communications
- 2018 – UNSW Gold Star Award 2018
- 2017 – 2018 UNSW Research Infrastructure Scheme Grant (RIS)
- 2017 – Selected as “Emerging Investigator” by Polymer Chemistry;
- 2017 – UNSW Faculty of Engineering Academic Start-up Fund;
- 2017 – Visiting Professor in Nagoya University (one month) funded by Nagoya University-Venture Business Laboratory (NU-VBL);
- 2016 – Australian Research Council (ARC) Future Fellowship (FT160100095);
- 2015, 2016 – Australian Centre for NanoMedicine (ACN) Seed Funding Program;
- 2013 – Leading Talent of Entrepreneurship and Innovation Fund, Zhejiang Province, China.
- 2012 – The University of Melbourne Early Career Researcher Grant (ECRG) Scheme 2012.
- 2007 – Excellent Graduate Award of Fudan University;
- Guanghua Graduate Student Awards (2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006), Fudan University, China;
- Undergraduate Student Awards (1998, 1999, 2000 and 2001), Fudan University, China.