About “Matthew L. Becker”
Hugo L. Blomquist Distinguished Professor of Chemistry
The Becker Laboratory for Functional Biomaterials is a multidisciplinary organic materials group working at the interface of chemistry, organic materials and medicine. We are developing families of degradable polymers with highly tunable physical and biological properties that are being applied to unmet needs in bone, soft tissue, neural and vascular tissue engineering. We are also actively engaged in additive manufacturing and the development of custom inks that are enabling unique solutions to challenging design paradigms in biomaterials and drug delivery.
APPOINTMENTS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Hugo L. Blomquist Distinguished Professor of Chemistry
- Professor of Chemistry
- Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Material Science
- Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- B.S. Northwest Missouri State University, 1998
- M.A. Washington University in St. Louis, 2000
- Ph.D. Washington University in St. Louis, 2003
Polymer chemistry; bioconjugate chemistry; molecular imaging and additive manufacturing; materials for bone, soft tissue, neural and vascular tissue engineering; drug and protein delivery; degradable materials for flexible electronics
AWARDS, HONORS, AND DISTINCTIONS
- Fellow. National Academy of Inventors. 2022
- Fellow. American Chemical Society. 2020
- Carl S. Marvel Award in Creative Polymer Chemistry. Polymer Division of the American Chemical Society. 2019
- Fellow. American Institute of Medical and Biomedical Engineering. 2018
- Fellow. Royal Society of Chemistry. 2017
- Biomacromolecules/ Macromolecules Young Investigator Award. American Chemical Society Publications. 2015
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]
No positions found!